This is not a scientific way to really determine the vital features that creators feel must be in place for a public opening. But it is a way to give creators a voice that might be heard. With 19 creators responding to the Feature Survey, here is what was written as answers to the question: “Describe the one feature that you feel must be in place before Sansar leaves Beta and releases to the public.”
At this time, all respondents identified themselves as creators.
The responses are grouped in a way to be able to see similar responses together
- a set of basic animations (sitting etc)
- avatar animations such as sit, stand, dancing etc.
- Improved avatar customization of face and body
- Custom avatars
- Skeletal Animation
- replace Zendesk with a more functional and attractive solution for user forums. bug reports, and blogs.
- LODs. We need to be able to set our own custom LODs for our meshes. I want to create massive worlds that will blow user’s minds yet I can’t!! Because there’s no way to optimize large distances without LODs. LODs are a basic feature that have existed in game engines for decades, they are not optional. We’re gonna need them in Sansar at some point.
- Inventory management in Lookbook and for objects (Basic Inventory organization)
- Organization….Folder Structure, Search Tools, Better inventory management
- Correct smooth working VR, grabbing. moving , throwing.
- Atlas that identifies how many people are in an experience.
- The ability to find people in the world, a central hub perhaps. Right now its hard to find where people are at so it feels extremely empty.
- Social Features
- Communication between desktop and vr users
- Create Complex Objects for Sale in the Store (models with scripts and lights embedded.
- The way we can pay in and to Sansar. Paypal is very important. I would like to be able to buy S$ that way. Also payment in-world. To be able to buy from an inworld store and pay other residents.
- A sense of progression or a clear goal. I feel that would bring more players into the game, and make them feel invested enough to stay.
- improved terrain and water